Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prayers for a dog

I am calling on all my blog friends to pray,send positive thought  or whatever you do for a hurt dog this evening. We were on our way home in the dark and it was snowy and sleeting. Going down the highway at the speed limit with a semi on my right and a partial concrete medium to my left when a dog runs from in front of the semi and crosses in front of me. I hit the brakes and slowed as much as I could in the time that I had and clipped him. No way to completely stop the road was to slick and I was afraid of rolling,hitting the concrete or running into the semi. How the semi missed him I do not know. I called 911 and turned around at the next exit but we did not see him on the road,in the medium or on the other side. I have to trust that St. Francis is looking out for him.  My hope is that he got to one of the houses off the highway or that he did not suffer long.
It is an area where dogs do get dumped. It makes me angry to think that someone might have dumped him. If you do not want the dog or can no longer care for it do the humane thing and take it to a shelter where it has a change to be adopted out and loved.
I feel terrible that it happened and what's worse, my daughter was in the car with me. Huge animal lover. She is a vegetarian and wants to help animals in anyway that she can. It was devastating for her.
So, I am calling on all the animal loving people to say a prayer.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment